At Philips Research a project is ongoing for the design of a mixed-signal ASIC for biomedical applications.
The 40nm CMOS IC includes analog, digital and mixed-signal circuits. The candidate will contribute to the design of this IC.
The candidate must meet the following minimum requirements.
– At least seven years of experience in analog circuit design, simulation and layout using Cadence. Designing circuits such as amplifiers, buffers, samplers, current sources, etc.
– Understanding of CMOS technologies in general: working with design rules, understanding process specification documents.
-Creating simulation test-benches for dc, ca, transient simulations using ADE-L and ADE-XL. – Understanding low-noise analog circuit design and LDO design.
– Familiar with CMOS technologies at various technology nodes such as 180nm to 40nm.
– Experience with ADC and/or DAC design is beneficial.
– Experience with mixed-signal design and verification using AMS is a plus.
– Basic knowledge of digital design / Encounter is beneficial.
– Experience with full-custom IC layout design using Cadence tools Virtuoso, Layout-XL, DRC and LVS.
– Understanding and implementing layout techniques such as symmetry and shielding.
– Creating layout designs according to a floorplan.
– Basic understanding of Unix.
– Team player: daily interaction with design team.
– Reporting progress and issues.
– Fluent in English.
Location: High Tech Campus, Eindhoven for at least the first month. Part-time remote working optional depending on project and progress
Schedule: Full-time, at least 4 days/week
Duration: 6 months initially
Starting date: June 2021
Samenvatting vacature Senior Analog/Mixed-Signal IC-Design Engineer (Freelance)
|Vestigingsplaats/Standplaats:||Waalre, Noord-Brabant (NL)|
|Functie:||Senior Analog/Mixed-Signal IC-Design Engineer (Freelance)|