Big Data & AI are booming and therefore we are looking for an outstanding Data Engineer to join our Synechron team in Amsterdam!
You will be working on solving AI challenges for and with our clients. Your knowledge and skills will help shaping the future of banking.
Our Digital Innovation & Transformation team is working with clients to lead them through the digital revolution. Realizing their digital innovation strategies and programs is a key focus area. We are working with clients to help them set up their innovation labs and centers of excellence, gain value from innovation partnerships, develop proofs of concept and minimum viable products around new and emerging technologies, and implement digital solutions. Throughout this process, we serve as strategic advisors on how to apply innovation to domain-specific use cases for the financial services industry, with the business challenge always at the heart of the program. We partner with our digital and technology teams to deliver solutions from future state vision and concept to large scale implementation.
As Data Engineer you are helping our clients to solve AI challenges (Predictive Analytics, Statistical Analysis, Machine Learning & Deep Learning). Preparing data for predictive modelling and Machine Learning tasks, using data to discover tasks that can be automated, assist our clients to understand the data science principles and provide an explanation for the model behavior and possible correcting actions. Setting up and maintaining pipelines in/out of database, IoT devices, and data warehouses, and cleaning and organizing (big) data.
Within our practice you will take a role in helping the practice grow and develop. By working together with our colleagues from Tech and Digital, you can work on innovative concepts and create propositions and solutions for our clients with emerging technologies like AI, Data Science and Blockchain. Additionally, you will contribute to developing a clear vision, writing white papers, coach junior F&R colleagues and develop new business opportunities at existing and new clients.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- At least 3 years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Affinity with the financial services industry
- Practical experience in solving complex challenges using data analysis and modelling
- Ability to explain complicated analysis to a non-technical audience with your storytelling and data visualization skills
Languages and Technologies
- Demonstrable programming experience in at least SQL, Scala, Python (pandas), Big Data (Spark, Hadoop), Streaming (Spark-Streaming / Kafka / Storm) and Cloud Computing (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Preferable experience with Docker/Kubernetes, DevOps (CI/CD)
- Innovative: WYou’re interested in how new technological innovations can contribute to the data revolution
- Responsible: You are able to weigh the interests of our clients
- Limitless: You are willing to look beyond data engineering and learn from experience outside your own work area
- Ambition: You are driven to become the Synechron-expert in data engineering
- Empowered: : You dare to stand for what you believe in
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- An international company with offices in Singapore, London, Paris, New York and the possibility to work abroad
- Lease car or mobility budget, laptop and a mobile phone
- 30 days of paid annual leave
- An extensive training budget, focused on skills, substantive knowledge and personal development:
- o An internal training programme (NLP +Predictive analytics), in class trainings and trainings from partners like GCP, C3.AI and Quantexa. Also, Synechron partners with Udemy for Business, an online learning platform with 3,000+ top rated, engaging courses that are accessible anytime, anywhere, on-demand
- A Global Center of Excellence for Data Science with experienced colleagues across the globe with coaching and sparring possibilities
- Cutting edge data science projects at leading banks including not only building data science models for different domains like financial crime and risk but also whole pipeline development (data engineering, machine learning engineering, model life cycle management)
- A flat and approachable organization
- An excellent working atmosphere: Friday drinks, sports activities, trips (abroad) with a young, dynamic team
- A Great Place To Work – for the second consecutive year we are ranked to 10 best Multinational Workplaces in the Netherlands
Synechron makes personal growth and development a priority. This manifests itself in good, (partly) mandatory training and educational opportunities focusing both on skills and content knowledge. All our employees are guided by a designated team leader in their personal growth and development.
Interested in joining us?
For further information, please contact our corporate recruiter, Gaby Khan, via recruitment-AMS@synechron.com.
NOTE: only complete applications will be taken into consideration. We have noticed some of our emails go directly to your spam folder. We are working on this issue, until we have solved this, please also keep an eye on your spam.
SYNECHRON’S DIVERSITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT
Diversity & Inclusion are fundamental to our culture, and Synechron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiative ‘Same Difference’ is committed to fostering an inclusive culture – promoting equality, diversity and an environment that is respectful to all. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce helps build stronger, successful businesses as a global company. We empower our global workforce by offering flexible workplace arrangements, mentoring, internal mobility, learning and development programs.
All employment decisions at Synechron are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to the applicant’s gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samenvatting vacature Data Engineer
|Vestigingsplaats/Standplaats:||Amsterdam, Noord-Holland (NL)|